Tuesday 16 April 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hu Na and Garry Galley in MontrTal.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Bye Bye Birdie, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meine Frau Susanne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1963!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1963 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Hu Na: China -- Tennis star.
- Garry Galley in MontrTal: QuTbec, Canada; NHL defenseman (Buffalo Sabres).
- Jimmy Osmond in Ogden: Utah, USA; singer (Donnie and Marie).
- Sabrina Capucci: Italian noted family, daughter of actress catherine spaak & fabrizio capucci.
- Grant Dunn: Scottish schoolteacher in a private school.
- Jimmy Osmond: American singer, the youngest member of the singing Osmond family, devout Mormons. The family had moved to California by the time that Jimmy was born and were beginning to gain an appreciable reputation for their singing group. At the age of nine, Jimmy did a voice-over of one of the characters on a cartoon show with a debut on 9/09/1972. That year he began to perform with his brothers, accompanying them on a concert tour to Europe where they were greeted by screaming teenage fans.
- Nick Berry: Britain -- Actor (Wicksy-EastEnders)
- Saleem Malik: Pakistani cricketer
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Paul & Paula - Young Lovers
- The Orlons - South Street
- The Cookies - Don't Say Nothin' Bad (About My Baby)
- Chantay's - Pipeline
- Dee Dee Sharp - Do The Bird
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?