Saturday 16 April 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to (You're My) Soul And Inspiration by The Righteous Brothers.
In UK Somebody Help Me by The Spencer Davis Group was in the top 5 hits.
Fantômas, directed by Andr Hunebelle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1966!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1966 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Laurent Bourgnon: French-born Swiss skipper, he started to sail with his parents aged of 4. Nine yeras later, he navigated all over the world.
- Lewis Tillman: NFL running back (Chicago Bears).
- Virginie Linhart: French director of political, historical and sociological film documentaries.
- Jarle Vespestad: Norwegian drummer (Farmers Market).
- Gerard Dewan: American firefighter, descended from a long line of firemen that included his grandfather and Uncle Billy.
- Rhodesian Prime Minister Ian Smith breaks diplomatic relations with Britain.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man
- The Outsiders - Time Won't Let Me
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- B.J. Thomas - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?