Thursday 16 April 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fran Robinson and Ian Franklin.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Let It Be by The Beatles.
In UK Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
A Man Called Horse, directed by Elliot Silverstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Family at War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1970!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1970 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Fran Robinson: California, United States -- Actress (Lauren-Charlie & Company).
- Ian Franklin: Canadian Football League cornerback (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Steve Emtman: NFL defensive tackle (Miami Dolphins).
- Ettore Bassi: Italian actor and television host.
- Walt Williams: American basketball player: forward/guard, Raptors.
- WEN Zoë: American-British employee of WEN (Women's Environmental Network), an ecological women's group, one of a staff of ten co-workers.
- Gabrielle : Pop Singer
- Dero Goi: German singer-songwriter and drummer (Oomph!)
- Richard Neutra: Austrian-American architect designed the Los Angeles County Hall of Records (d. 1970).
- Richard Josef Neutra, Austrian/American architect (Who Bought America?), dies at age 78.
- 70 die in an avalanche (France).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
- The Friends Of Distinction - Love Or Let Me Be Lonely
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- The Supremes - Up The Ladder To The Roof
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?