Monday 16 April 1990
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Evangelos Mantzaris and Lorraine Nicholson.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor.
In UK Vogue by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Cry-Baby, directed by John Waters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jeeves and Wooster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle Unit Zeoth or Cadaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1990!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1990 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Evangelos Mantzaris: Greek basketball player.
- Lorraine Nicholson: American child with noted parents, her father is actor Jack Nicholson and her mother is actress Rebecca Broussard.
- Lily Loveless: British actress.
- Reggie Jackson: Basketball Player.
- Jérémy Kapone: French actor and singer.
- Vangelis Mantzaris: Greek basketball player
- Tony McQuay: American sprinter
- Nia Ramadhani: Indonesian actress
- Jules Sitruk: French actor
- Piano Lesson opens at Walter Kerr Theater NYC for 320 performances
- Supreme Court rejects appeal from retarded man, Dalton Prejean, condemned to death for murdering a Louisiana state trooper in 1977
- Maximum New York State unemployment benefits raised to $260 per week.
- US Supreme Court rejects appeal from retarded man, Dalton Prejean, condemned to death for murdering a Louisiana state trooper in 1977.
- 94th Boston Marathon won by Gelindo Bordin of Italy in 2:08:19.
- The ''Doctor of Death'', Jack Kevorkian, participates in his first assisted suicide.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
- Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love
- Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World
- Calloway - I Wanna Be Rich
- Tommy Page - I'll Be Your Everything
- Luther Vandross - Here And Now
- Michael Bolton - How Can We Be Lovers
- KISS - Forever
- Without You - Mötley Crüe
- A'me Lorain - Whole Wide World
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?