Thursday 16 April 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
17 Again, directed by Burr Steers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stranger Among Bears.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Again or SpongeBob vs. The Big One: Beach Party Cook-Off.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 2009!
Which were the important events of 16 April 2009 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 April
- General Growth Properties, the second-largest U.S. mall owner (over 200 malls), files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the biggest real estate failure in U.S. history. The 55-year-old company, based in Chicago, listed total assets of US$29.56 billion and total debts of $27.29 billion. Company share value dropped to 60 cents from a high of US$67 in 2007.
- Sweden's National Museum of Science and Technology publicly displays a confiscated Pirate Bay server. (''The Local'')
- China's economy grows by 6.1% in the first quarter of 2009, the lowest increase since 1999. (Xinhua)
- The Naxalite movement kills 17 people as India's general election begins. (Times Online)
- A landslide in Kyrgyzstan kills at least 16 people. (BBC)
- Bolivian police kill three people - Hungarian Eduardo Rózsa-Flores, Irishman Michael Dwyer, and Romanian Magyarosi Arpak - and arrest two others over an alleged plot to assassinate President Evo Morales and Vice President Álvaro García Linera. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?