Saturday 16 April 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Insidious, directed by James Wan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 16 April 2011 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 April
- Burkina Faso unrest
- Hundreds of traders in Burkina Faso set fire to the ruling Congress for Democracy and Progress headquarters and ransack other government buildings, after mutinous soldiers looted their shops. (Al Jazeera)
- The capital Ouagadougou is placed under curfew. (BBC)
- Second Ivorian Civil War: Ivorian Popular Front, the party of ousted Ivory Coast President Laurent Gbagbo, calls upon its supporters to end the unrest in the country after his arrest. (AFP via Google News)
- Arab Spring
- 2011 Syrian protests
- President Bashar al-Assad announces that the 48-year old state of emergency law will be lifted next week. (Al Jazeera)
- Pro-democracy protests continue in Syria. (''The Guardian'')
- 2011 Libyan civil war
- Fighting intensifies in the western city of Misrata. (BBC)
- Rebel forces advance towards the oil town of Brega. (''Times of India'')
- 2011 Iranian protests
- One person is killed in a second day of clashes between protesters and security forces in Ahvaz, western Iran. (Al Arabiya)
- 2011 Jordanian protests
- 70 Islamists are arrested after clashes with pro-monarchy groups in Zarqa and Rassifeh, Jordan. (Al Arabiya)
- Philippine Army soldiers kill two Abu Sayyaf fighters in Al-Barka, Basilan. (AP via ''The Guardian'')
- Insurgency in Laos: A human rights group accuses Laos and Vietnam of killing four Hmong Christians. (''Straits Times'')
- Tornadoes kill several people in the US states of North Carolina and South Carolina with storms killing at least 20 people in the southern United States over the past few days. (Reuters)
- A United Nations expert panel finds ampquotcredible allegationsampquot which, if proven, indicate that war crimes and crimes against humanity were committed both by the Government of Sri Lanka and the LTTE in the final stages of the Sri Lankan Civil War. (AFP/France 24)
- Mexican authorities announce the arrest of Los Zetas Cartel leader Martin Omar Estrada ampquotEl Kiloampquot Luna. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?