Sunday 16 August 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Fight for Freedom, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1908 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Love, and the World is Mine - Henry Burr
- Peerless Quartet - Come Where My Love Lies Dreaming
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 August 1908 and get them!