Tuesday 16 August 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The White Slave Trade, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1910 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Gloria Blondell: American actress (d. 1986).
- Mae Clarke: Actress (Public Enemy, Frankenstein), dies at 84.
- Charles Ferdinand Lenepveu: Composer, dies at 69.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Contes D' Hoffman - Barcolle Belle Nuit (Oh, Night of Love) - Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti
- Carmen - Il Flor Che Aveci A Me (Flower Song) - John McCormack
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 August 1910 and get them!