Wednesday 16 August 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Die Ballhaus-Anna, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1911 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- E F Schumacher: German economist and statistician (d. 1977).
- E Schumacher: German economist and statistician (d. 1977).
- Karl Munzinger: Composer, dies at 68.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Was Before I Met You (solo version) - Walter Van Brunt
- That was Before I Met You - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- Turn Off Your Light, Mr. Moon Man - Nora Bayes & Jack Norworth
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?