Saturday 16 August 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Menachem Begin .
The Last Days of Pompeii, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1913 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Menachem Begin: Belarusian-Israeli politician 6th Prime Minister of Israel Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1992).
- Tohoku Imperial University of Japan (modern day Tohoku University) admits its first female students.
- Completion of the Royal Navy battlecruiser HMS Queen Mary.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 August 1913
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Last Night Was the End of the World - Henry Burr
- Sunshine and Roses - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?