Thursday 16 August 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Manxman, directed by George Loane Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1917!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1917 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Till the Clouds Roll By - Vernon Dalhart
- Till the Clouds Roll By - Anna Wheaton & James Harrod
- All the World Will be Jealous of Me - Charles Harrison
- Oh, Johnny! Oh, Johnny! Oh! - Elizabeth Brice
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?