Saturday 16 August 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Monsieur Beaucaire, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1924 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
Famous Birthdays:16 August
- 38th US Womens Tennis: Helen Wills Moody beats Molla B Mallory (61 63)
- Conference about German recovery payments opens in London
- Dutch-Turkish peace treaty signed
- The Dawes Plan is accepted.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- How Come You Do Me Like You Do? - Marion Harris
- It Had to be You - Cliff Edwards
- What'll I Do? - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 August 1924 and get them!