Monday 16 August 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Agache and Lew Welch.
Fig Leaves, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1926!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1926 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bye Bye, Blackbird - Nick Lucas
- Am I Wasting My Time on You? - Lewis James
- The Blue Room - Melody Sheiks (Sam Lanin & His Orchestra)
- But I Do, You Know I Do - Ruth Etting
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?