Saturday 16 August 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marion A Trabert and Robert Culp in Berkley.
Romance, directed by Greta Garbo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1930 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Marion A Trabert: Tennis champ (US Open-1953).
- Robert Culp in Berkley: California, USA; actor (I Spy, Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice).
- Frank Gifford in California: USA; NFL halfback (New York Giants)/ABC sportscaster.
- Robert Culp: American actor on stage, film and TV.
- Frank Gifford: American sportscaster, former All-American at the University of Southern California and No.
- Tony Trabert: American tennis champion who won the Men's Singles championship at Wimbledon in 1955.
- Luigi Giuliano: Italy sport Champion
- Marion Trabert: Cincinnati sports Champions
- Leslie Manigat: Haitian educator and politician 43rd President of Haiti (d. 2014)
- The first color sound cartoon, called Fiddlesticks, is made by Ub Iwerks.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?