Saturday 16 August 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Romance, directed by Greta Garbo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1930 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Leslie Manigat: Haitian educator and politician 43rd President of Haiti (d. 2014).
- Robert Culp: American actor on stage, film and TV.
- Marion A Trabert: Tennis champ (US Open-1953).
- Tony Trabert: American tennis champion who won the Men's Singles championship at Wimbledon in 1955.
- Frank Gifford: American sportscaster, former All-American at the University of Southern California and No.
- Luigi Giuliano: Italy sport Champion
- Robert Culp in Berkley: California, USA; actor (I Spy, Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice).
- Frank Gifford in California: USA; NFL halfback (New York Giants)/ABC sportscaster.
- Marion Trabert: Cincinnati sports Champions
- The first color sound cartoon, called Fiddlesticks, is made by Ub Iwerks.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?