Saturday 16 August 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Little Foxes, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1941!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1941 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Théoneste Bagosora: Rwandan soldier.
- George Sherman: American operations expert and CEO in charge of Danaher Corporation, a diverse company manufacturing gas pump equipment, drill chucks, tool boxes and varying other hardware.
- Theoneste Bagosora: Rwandan army officer and alleged war criminal.
- HMS Mercury, Royal Navy Signals School and Combined Signals School opens at Leydene, near Petersfield, Hampshire, England.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?