Friday 16 August 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bryan Chiu and Krizstina Egerszegi.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Night Chicago Died by Paper Lace.
In UK When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees was in the top 5 hits.
The Longest Yard, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Autoverleih Pistulla.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1974!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1974 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Bryan Chiu: CFL defensive tackle (Montreal Alouettes).
- Krizstina Egerszegi: Hungarian backstroke swimmer (100 / 200m WR).
- Roger Cedeno: Valencia Edo, Venezuela -- Outfielder (LA Dodgers).
- Ryan Longwell: NFL kicker (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Ivan Hurtado: Ecuadorian footballer.
- Krisztina Egerszegi: Hungarian backstroke swimmer: Gold Medal winner in the 200M Backstroke, Atlanta Olympics, 1996.
- Charli Baltimore: Rapper
- Joaquin Reyes: Comedian
- Roger Cedeño: Venezuelan baseball player
- Shivnarine Chanderpaul: Guyanese cricketer
- Iván Hurtado: Ecuadorian footballer and politician
- Karl E Mundt: (Rep / Sen).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
- Roberta Flack - Feel Like Makin' Love
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Dave Loggins - Please Come To Boston
- Chicago - Call On Me
- ABBA - Waterloo
- Jim Stafford - Wildwood Weed
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Blue Magic - Sideshow
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?