Wednesday 16 August 1978
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Three Times A Lady by Commodores.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Piranha, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1978!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1978 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Eddie Gill: American basketball player.
- Fu Mingxua: Chinese diver, Gold Medals in Barcelona and Atlanta.
- Ben Galea: Australian rugby player.
- Fu Mingxia: Chinese female diver.
- Thalia Pellegrini: British children's TV presenter.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Commodores - Three Times A Lady
- Frankie Valli - Grease
- Donna Summer - Last Dance
- The Rolling Stones - Miss You
- Foreigner - Hot Blooded
- Taste Of Honey, A - Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Pablo Cruise - Love Will Find A Way
- Barry Manilow - Copacabana (At The Copa)
- Walter Egan - Magnet And Steel
- Andy Gibb - An Everlasting Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?