Friday 16 August 1991
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gem and Evanna Lynch.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams.
In UK (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams was in the top 5 hits.
Barton Fink, directed by Joel Coen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while The Kitchen God'S Wife by Amy Tan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Best of the Worst.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stone or Famicon Jump II: Saikyō no Shichinin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1991!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1991 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Gem : Pop Singer.
- Evanna Lynch: Movie Actress.
- GEM : Hong Kong singer-songwriter and actress.
- José de Araújo: Brazilian footballer.
- Kwon Ri-se: South Korean singer (Ladies' Code) (d. 2014).
- Belgium census is 10,000,963 inhabitants
- President Bush declares recession is near an end
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 August 1991
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
- Amy Grant - Every Heartbeat
- Lenny Kravitz - It Ain't Over Til It's Over
- DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime
- Roxette - Fading Like A Flower (Every Time You Leave)
- Corina - Temptation
- Rythm Syndicate - P.A.S.S.I.O.N.
- The Escape Club - I'll Be There
- Scorpions - Wind Of Change
- The KLF - 3 A.M. Eternal
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?