Sunday 16 August 1992
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jazmine Lucero and Zawachin .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to End Of The Road by Boyz II Men.
In UK Rhythm Is A Dancer by Snap! was in the top 5 hits.
Single White Female, directed by Barbet Schroeder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Gerald'S Game by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Larry Sanders Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Air Zonk or Bakuretsu Quiz Ma-Q Dai Bōken.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1992!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1992 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Jazmine Lucero: Vine Star.
- Zawachin : Japanese model.
- Islam Dzhabrailov: Russian footballer.
- Adi Gotlieb: Israeli footballer.
- Diego Schwartzman: Argentinian tennis player.
- Mark Heard: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (d. 1992).
- 20th du Maurier Golf Classic: Sherri Steinhaur
- 74th PGA Championship: Nick Price shoots a 278 at Bellerive St. Louis
- Moses Kiptanui runs world record 3k (7:28.96)
- In response to an appeal by President Fernando Collor de Mello to wear green and yellow as a way to show support for him, thousands of Brazilians take to the streets dressed in black.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Boyz II Men - End Of The Road
- TLC - Baby-Baby-Baby
- Madonna - This Used To Be My Playground
- Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
- Guns N' Roses - November Rain
- Jon Secada - Just Another Day
- Tom Cochrane - Life Is A Highway
- En Vogue - Giving Him Something He Can Feel
- Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart
- Technotronic - Move This
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?