Friday 16 August 2002
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Dilemma by Nelly.
In UK Colourblind by Darius was in the top 5 hits.
Mother India, directed by Mehboob, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Contest Searchlight.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Akira Psycho Ball or Island Xtreme Stunts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 2002!
Which were the important events of 16 August 2002 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 August
- Abu Nidal: Palestinian political leader (Born 1937).
- John Roseboro: American baseball player, a left-hitting/right-throwing catcher who played with the Brooklyn / Los Angeles Dodgers (1957–1967), Minnesota Twins (1968–1969), and Washington Senators (1970).
- Jeff Corey: NYC, New York -- Actor (Getting Straight, Superman & Mole Men).
- At the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, in Monterey, California, the 29th Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races are held, over three days. Corvette is the honored marque. Over sixty historic Corvettes are on display and participate in racing, including: Corvette SR-2, Corvette SS, 1959 Sting Ray, CERV-I, Daytona-winning Corvette C5-R, Mako Shark, Aerovette, Grand Sport, 1953 Corvette #2 (EX-122), and plenty of early race Corvettes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?