Monday 16 December 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Manxman, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1929 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Nicholas Courtney: Egyptian-English actor (d. 2011).
- Paul Nizon: Swiss art historian and writer.
- Ian Board: Barkeeper.
- Georges Dupeyron: French astrologer, specializing in meteorological astrology and analysis of earth quakes.
- Jean-Charles Thomas: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop Emeritus of Versailles.
- Chicago Blackhawks 1st game at Chicago Stadium, beat Pittsburgh Pirates, 3-1
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 December 1929 and get them!