Tuesday 16 December 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sam Most and Bill Brittain.
The Royal Family of Broadway, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1930 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Sam Most: American jazz flutist, composer and recording artist with jazz greats, including Tommy Dorsey, Teddy Wilson, Buddy Rich and more.
- Bill Brittain: American author (d. 2011).
- Bill Young: American sergeant and politician (d. 2013).
- Herman Lamm: German-born American bank robber (Born 1890).
- Golfer Bobby Jones wins James E Sullivan Award.
- Bank robber Herman Lamm and members of his crew are killed by a posse of 200, following a botched bank robbery in Clinton, Indiana.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You're Driving Me Crazy! (What Did I Do?) - Rudy Vallee & His Connecticut Yankees
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?