Thursday 16 December 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tony Hicks and Claudie Ossard.
The Song of Bernadette, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Voice of Firestone Televues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1943 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Tony Hicks: Rocker (Hollies-The Air That I Breathe).
- Claudie Ossard: French film producer, noted for producing the films of Jean-Pierre Jeunet.
- Steven Bochco: American television producer and writer.
- Tamiami Champion trains collide, kills 73 and injures 200
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 December 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?