Thursday 16 December 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Let's Have Another Party by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
20000 Leagues Under the Sea, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1954!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1954 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Barbara Moss: American artist and author who is, most of all, an inspiring example of how people can go through hell and emerge with strength and humor, avoiding the victim mentality in favor of personal choice.
- Juan Rodriguez: Colombian-born American lottery winner, he won a $149 million mega millions jackpot on November 19, 2004 becoming the biggest winner in New York State Lottery history.
- Joslyn Y Hoyte-Smith: Barbados -- 4X400m hurdler (1980 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Ivana Spagna: Italian singer of punk-rock material.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?