Friday 16 December 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carol M and Prince Lorenz of Belgium.
In UK Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets was in the top 5 hits.
The Man with the Golden Arm, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1955!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1955 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Carol M: Browner; US Administrator (EPA).
- Prince Lorenz of Belgium: Archduke of Austria-Este.
- Xander Berkeley: American actor.
- Carol Browner: American lawyer and environmentalist 8th Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Lorenz of Belgium: Archduke of Austria-Este.
- Chiharu Matsuyama: Japanese singer-songwriter
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 December 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?