Friday 16 December 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets was in the top 5 hits.
The Man with the Golden Arm, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1955!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1955 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Carol M: Browner; US Administrator (EPA).
- Carol Browner: American lawyer and environmentalist 8th Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Lorenz of Belgium: Archduke of Austria-Este.
- Chiharu Matsuyama: Japanese singer-songwriter.
- Prince Lorenz of Belgium: Archduke of Austria-Este.
- Xander Berkeley: American actor
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 December 1955 and get them!