Sunday 16 December 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Catherine Jacob and Spagna .
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1956 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Catherine Jacob: French actress, she won the Cesar award in 1988 for Best promising actress, playing in "Life is a long quiet river".
- Spagna : Italian singer-songwriter.
- Lizzy Descloux: French musician singer-songwriter composer actress writer and painter (d. 2004).
- Nina Hamnett: Welsh-English painter (d. 1956).
- Fanny closes at Majestic Theater NYC after 888 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?