Friday 16 December 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Grass Is Greener, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1960 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
Famous Birthdays:16 December
- Anna Luther: Silent screen actress (Sinners in Silk), dies at 63.
- Wildcat opens at Alvin Theater NYC for 172 performances
- TWA 266 and United 826 collide over Staten Island, kills 134
- 1960 New York air disaster: While approaching New York's Idlewild Airport, a United Airlines Douglas DC-8 collides with a TWA Lockheed Super Constellation in a blinding snowstorm over Staten Island, killing 134.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Jerry Butler - He Will Break Your Heart
- Connie Francis - Many Tears Ago
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?