Sunday 16 December 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Melanie Smith in Scranton and Maruschka Detmers.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
L'eclisse, directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1962!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1962 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Melanie Smith in Scranton: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Emily - As the World Turns).
- Maruschka Detmers: Actress-comedian, famous for her role in "Prénom Carmen", a film directed by Jean-Luc Godard.
- Liane Foly: Blues and jazz singer, actress, and TV presenter.
- Charly Mottet: French road cyclist racer, one of the best of his era, who reached the top rank in the world.
- William Perry: American football player.
- Melanie Smith: American actress
- Nepal gets constitution / becomes Constitutional Hindu Monarchy
- New York Giants' Y.A. Tittle sets NFL season touchdown pass record at 33 with six touchdowns versus Dallas Cowboys (41-31).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 December 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- The Orlons - Don't Hang Up
- The Tijuana Brass - The Lonely Bull (El Solo Torro)
- Dee Dee Sharp - Ride
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?