Saturday 16 December 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Daydream Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Ambushers, directed by Henry Levin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1967!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1967 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Miranda Otto: Australian actress, well known for playing Éowyn in Peter Jackson's "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy (2001-2003).
- Mark Palmer: American ambassador.
- Donovan Bailey: Manchester, Jamaica -- Canada 100m runner (1996 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- Indrek Kaseorg: Estonian decathlete.
- Wilt Chamberlain of NBA Philadelphia 76ers scores 68 points versus Chicago Bulls.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park & Other Things
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
- Dionne Warwick - I Say A Little Prayer
- The Fantastic Johnny C - Boogaloo Down Broadway
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - In And Out Of Love
- Cher - You Better Sit Down Kids
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?