Tuesday 16 December 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Leaving on A Jet Plane by Peter, Paul and Mary.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Topaz, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1969 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Martin Ulrich: hockey defenseman (Team Austria 1998).
- Charles Mincy NFL safety (Minnesota Vikings: Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- DJ D-Wrek: DJ.
- Michelle Smith: Irish swimmer, three Gold Medals in Atlanta.
- Shane : American porn actress and director.
- Simon Grayson: English footballer and manager
- Florencia Lozano: American actress
- Adam Riess: American astrophysicist astronomer and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Dmitri Tymoczko: American composer and theorist
- Craig White: English cricketer and coach
- War is Over! If You Want It, Happy Christmas from John andYoko posters begin appearing
- British House of Commons votes 343-185 abolishing the death penalty.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?