Saturday 16 December 1995
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey.
In UK Earth Song by Michael Jackson was in the top 5 hits.
Jumanji, directed by Joe Johnston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1995!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1995 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 December
- American Airlines Flight 965 (Boeing 757) crashes into a mountain near Buga, Valle del Cauca, Colombia after veering off its course en route to Cali, Colombia. Of the 164 people on board, four passengers and a dog are the only survivors.
- HM The Queen advises ampquotan early divorceampquot to Lady Diana Spencer and Charles, Prince of Wales. The divorce was finalized on 28 August 1996.
- The lowest ever United Kingdom temperature of is recorded at Altnaharra in the Scottish Highlands. This equals the record set at Braemar, Aberdeenshire in 1895 and 1982.
- The Republic of Texas group claims to have formed a provisional government in Texas.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 December 1995 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?