Tuesday 16 December 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Seven Pounds, directed by Gabriele Muccino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 2008!
Which were the important events of 16 December 2008 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 December
- The U.S. Federal Reserve cuts the country's federal funds interest rate to a target range of zero to 0.25 percent, the lowest level on record in the United States for the rate.
- Florida police announce that Ottis Toole was the killer of 6-year-old Adam Walsh in Hollywood in 1981. Toole had confessed to hundreds of murders, but police determined that most were untrue. The murder lead father John Walsh to create the TV show America's Most Wanted, and lead to advances in police searches for missing kids, such as faces on milk cartons, fingerprinting programs, increased security at schools and stores, and national legislation to create a national database and toll-free
- Bilal Abdullah is convicted for his roles in the 2007 attack on Glasgow International Airport and an attempted bombing of London's West End. (BBC)
- President of Somalia Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed names former Interior Minister Mohamoud Mohamed Gacmodhere as Prime Minister, but incumbent PM Nur Hassan Hussein is supported in a parliamentary vote, requiring a confidence motion before Ahmed could replace Hussein. (Xinhua)
- The United States consumer price index fell in November by 1.9% on a non-seasonally adjusted basis, the U.S. Labor Department reports, the biggest decline since the nadir of the Great Depression in January 1932. (MarketWatch)
- Five sticks of dynamite are found in the Printemps department store on the Boulevard Haussmann in Paris. (BBC News)
- United Nations special envoy to Niger Robert Fowler and Canadian diplomat Louis Guay are reported to be missing in Niger. (CNN)
- The Illinois House of Representatives votes unanimously to begin an impeachment inquiry against Governor Rod Blagojevich for corruption. (New York Times)
- The Association of Southeast Asian Nations signs a charter to make itself a legal entity. (BBC)
- Twenty-four Russian tourists are killed when their bus plummets into a ravine near Eilat in southern Israel, making this road accident the deadliest in the state's history. (Jerusalem Post)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?