Tuesday 16 February 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Lombardo and Iain [Menzies] Banks.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Glenn Miller Story, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Betty White Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1954!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1954 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- David Lombardo: Rocker.
- Iain [Menzies] Banks: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Wasp Factory).
- Iain Banks: Scottish writer known for witty, intelligent and inventive plots in his books.
- Margaux Hemingway: American actress and model (Born 1954).
- Michael Holding: Jamaican cricketer and sportscaster.
- WNEM TV channel 5 in Bay City, MI (NBC) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 February 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1954 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?