Tuesday 16 February 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Glenn Miller Story, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1954!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1954 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Margaux Hemingway: American actress and model (Born 1954).
- Michael Holding: Jamaican cricketer and sportscaster.
- David Lombardo: Rocker.
- Iain [Menzies] Banks: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Wasp Factory).
- Iain Banks: Scottish writer known for witty, intelligent and inventive plots in his books.
- WNEM TV channel 5 in Bay City, MI (NBC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1954 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 February 1954 and get them!