Wednesday 16 February 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wages of Fear, directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1955 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Guy Gallo: New Orleans, Louisiana -- Writer (Under the Volcano).
- Hunt Block: American actor.
- Jeff Clayton: American jazz saxophonist/composer (Groove Shop).
- Guy Gallo in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; writer (Under the Volcano).
- Margaux Hemingway: American fashion model, actress, and member of noted family.
- Pierre Durand: French jumper, he won jumping competitions at the European championships 1987 and at the Olympics (Seoul 1988). Guillaume Canet interpretes his role in the movie "Jappeloup", the name of Durand's horse, in 2013.
- Nearly 100 die in a fire at a home for the elderly in Yokohama, Japan.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 February 1955 and get them!