Wednesday 16 February 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Guy Gallo and Jeff Clayton.
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wages of Fear, directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stage 7.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1955 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Guy Gallo: New Orleans, Louisiana -- Writer (Under the Volcano).
- Jeff Clayton: American jazz saxophonist/composer (Groove Shop).
- Guy Gallo in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; writer (Under the Volcano).
- Pierre Durand: French jumper, he won jumping competitions at the European championships 1987 and at the Olympics (Seoul 1988).
- Margaux Hemingway: American fashion model, actress, and member of noted family.
- Hunt Block: American actor
- Nearly 100 die in a fire at a home for the elderly in Yokohama, Japan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?