Thursday 16 February 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Great Pretender by The Platters.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor at Sea, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1956 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Vincent Ward: New Zealand director and screenwriter.
- James Ingram: singer ("On the Wings of Love").
- Rena Messinger: Israeli Beauty Queen who reigned as both Miss Israel and Miss World.
- Only a little more than four months after the release of the 70mm version of ''Oklahoma!'', the film version of Rodgers and Hammerstein's ''Carousel'', starring Gordon MacRae and Shirley Jones, is released in Cinemascope 55. MacRae and Jones had previously starred in ''Oklahoma!'' ''Carousel'', intended for showing in 55mm, ends up being shown only in 35mm.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?