Tuesday 16 February 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Teen Angel by Mark Dinning.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Sink the Bismarck!, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1960!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1960 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Cherie Chung: Hong Kong actress.
- Bill Pecota: American baseball player.
- Pete Willis: English guitarist (Def Leppard Atomic Mass Gogmagog and Roadhouse).
- US nuclear submarine USS Triton sets off on underwater round-world trip.
- The U.S. Navy submarine USS Triton begins Operation Sandblast, setting sail from New London, Connecticut, to begin the first submerged circumnavigation of the globe.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Where Or When - Dion and the Belmonts
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Conway Twitty - Lonely Blue Boy
- The Everly Brothers - Let It Be Me
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?