Wednesday 16 February 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sarah Clarke and Jerome Bettis.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Without You by Nilsson.
In UK Son Of My Father by Chicory Tip was in the top 5 hits.
Cabaret, directed by Bob Fosse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Clochemerle.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1972!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1972 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Sarah Clarke: American actress.
- Jerome Bettis: running back (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Naomi Nishida: Japanese actress.
- 1st NBA to score 30,000 points (Wilt Chamberlain in 940 games)
- Wilt Chamberlain hit 30,000 point mark during a game with Phoenix Suns
- German mass murderers "Three of Breda" freed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nilsson - Without You
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Carpenters - Hurting Each Other
- Climax - Precious And Few
- Three Dog Night - Never Been To Spain
- The Osmonds - Down By The Lazy River
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Apollo 100 - Joy
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
- Bread - Everything I Own
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?