Friday 16 February 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cathy Freeman in Mackay and James Young.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crocodile Rock by Elton John.
In UK Blockbuster by The Sweet was in the top 5 hits.
Walking Tall, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching HBO Boxing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1973!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1973 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Cathy Freeman in Mackay: Australia; 100 metre/200 metre/400 metre (Olympics-silver-1992, 1996).
- James Young: Australian water polo player (Olympics-1996).
- Christian Bassedas: Argentine footballer.
- Nikos Kostakis: Greek footballer.
- Cathy Freeman: Australian Aboriginal sprinter, a talented and determined woman from Palm Island in tropical Queensland, who specialised in the 400 metres event.
- WI vs. Australia at Kingston, 1st time since 1955 without Sobers
- The Court of Appeal of England and Wales rules that the ''Sunday Times'' can publish articles on Thalidomide and Distillers Company, despite ongoing legal actions by parents (the decision is overturned in July by the House of Lords).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 February 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Hurricane Smith - Oh, Babe, What Would You Say?
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Steely Dan - Do It Again
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- Lobo - Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend
- Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together
- John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?