Sunday 16 February 1986
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to How Will I Know by Whitney Houston.
In UK When The Going Gets Tough (The Tough Get Going) by Billy Ocean was in the top 5 hits.
The Hitcher, directed by Robert Harmon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Lie Down With Lions by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1986!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1986 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
Famous Birthdays:16 February
- Howard Da Silva of Cleveland: Ohio, actor (Ben Franklin - 1776), dies at age 76.
- French air force bombs Ouadi Doum airport in Chad
- Hein Vergeer becomes world champion skater.
- Karlstad skates world record 10 km (14:12.14).
- The Soviet liner MS Mikhail Lermontov runs aground in the Marlborough Sounds, New Zealand.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dionne & Friends - That's What Friends Are For
- Mr. Mister - Kyrie
- Whitney Houston - How Will I Know
- Starship - Sara
- Survivor - Burning Heart
- Billy Ocean - When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going
- Wham! - I'm Your Man
- James Brown - Living In America
- Sade - The Sweetest Taboo
- Miami Sound Machine - Conga
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 February 1986 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?