Wednesday 16 February 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Black And Yellow by Wiz Khalifa.
Just Go with It, directed by Dennis Dugan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Tick Tock by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Skills and Drills with Jay DeMerit.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 7554 or Afterfall: Insanity.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 16 February 2011 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 February
- South Korea will fly the bodies of eight Somali pirates killed in a commando raid on a freighter last month from Muscat, Oman, to Mogadishu, Somalia. (Yonhap)
- from the British Royal Navy frees five Yemeni fishermen held by Somali pirates. (Sky News)
- Iranian state TV reports clashes between pro-government and anti-government forces at a funeral for someone killed in the 2011 Iranian protests. (AFP via ''Dawn'')
- Fourteen people are hurt in clashes between Libyan protestors and security forces in Benghazi as protests spread. (Al Jazeera)
- The Egyptian Ministry for Health estimates that at least 365 people were killed and 5,500 injured in the 2011 Egyptian protests. (RIA Novosti)
- Yemeni police shoot and kill two protestors in the southern city of Aden. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- The Colombian FARC movement releases another two hostages. (AFP via Google News)
- U.S. pop singer Bruno Mars pleads guilty to cocaine possession in Las Vegas, Nevada. (''Las Vegas Sun'')
- Researchers from London's Natural History Museum claim that ancient skulls found in Gough's Cave in the Cheddar Gorge in the southwestern English county of Somerset show signs of cannibalism. (Reuters)
- Jens Weidmann is chosen to succeed Axel A. Weber as President of the Deutsche Bundesbank. (WSJ)
- Borders Group, the second largest bookstore chain in the United States, files for bankruptcy with plans to sell at least 200 stores. (Bloomberg)
- The Northern Territory Emergency Service in the north of Australia warns residents in low-lying coastal areas including in the capital Darwin ahead of Tropical Cyclone Carlos. (News Limited)
- Explosions occur following an accident at a Tanzania People's Defence Force ammunition dump near the Julius Nyerere International Airport in Dar es Salaam with casualties reported. (CNN)
- At least four people die and dozens injured following a train crash in Buenos Aires, Argentina. (Dunya News)
- Japan's whaling fleet is leaving the Antarctic under pressure from conservationists and diplomats. (BBC)
- Abduwali Abdukhadir Muse, a Somali pirate, is sentenced to almost 34 years in prison in the United States for his role in attempting to hijack the . (ABC News USA)
- Three U.S. marshals are shot in Elkins, West Virginia, while trying to serve a warrant, resulting in the death of one marshal and the shooter. (''West Virginia Gazette'')
- In an FBI Eurasian Organized Crime Task Force '''Operation Power Outage''', 74 members of Armenian Power criminal syndicate have been arrested on charges of racketeering offenses, bank fraud schemes, kidnappings, and drug trafficking. (''CNN'')
- An ally of outgoing Burmese ruler General Than Shwe resigns two weeks into the new parliament. (''Irrawaddy'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 February 2011
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Katy Perry - Firework
- F**kin' Perfect - P!nk
- Dr. Dre - I Need A Doctor
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Far*East Movement - Rocketeer
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
- Pitbull - Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor)
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?