Friday 16 January 1903
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
As in a Looking Glass, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
while Lady Rose's Daughter by Mary Augusta Ward was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1903!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1903 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Pierre-Henri Simon: French intellectual, literary historian, essayist, novelist, poet and literary critic.
- Francois Bagneux-Faudoas: France sport Champion.
- Henri Simon: St Fort sur Gironde Writer.
- François Bagneux-Faudoas: French golfer.
- Francois Jaubert: France Military man.
- William Grover-Williams: English-French racing driver and WWII resistance fighter (d. 1945)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1903 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Tessie - Harry Macdonough & John Bieling
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 January 1903 and get them!