Thursday 16 January 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gunther Prien and Ethel Merman.
Jeppe paa bjerget, directed by Viggo Larsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while Mr. Crewe's Career by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1908!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1908 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Gunther Prien: German World War II submarine captain (d. 1941).
- Ethel Merman: American singer and actress known as the First Lady of Musical Comedy.
- Gunter Prien: German military, a submarine commander whose life inspired the film, "Das Boot.
- Jean Cordebar: Meudon physician.
- Günther Prien: German captain (d. 1941).
- Pinnacles National Monument, California established.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Make Believe - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?