Saturday 16 January 1909
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Le paralytique, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Inner Shrine by Anonymous (Basil King) was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1909 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 January
- British explorer Ernest Shackleton finds magnetic south pole.
- David, Mawson and Mackay reach south magnetic pole.
- Ernest Shackleton's expedition finds the magnetic South Pole.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 January 1909 and get them!