Thursday 16 January 1913
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Lipton Cup: Introducing Sir Thomas Lipton, directed by Lem B. Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1913 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- John Espey: American memoirist, fiction-writer and literary scholar/critic.
- British House of Commons accepts Home-Rule for Ireland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Say Not Love is a Dream - Olive Kline
- The Toymaker's Shop - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
- Long, Long Ago - Geraldine Farrar
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 January 1913 and get them!