Friday 16 January 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Die Augen des Ole Brandis, directed by Stellan Rye, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Eyes of the World by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1914 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Roger Aubert: Belgium -- Church historian (Le Pontificat de Pie IX).
- Roger Wagner: French-American composer, conductor and arranger, an educator.
- Writer Maksim Gorki returns to Russia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Sing Thee Songs of Araby - John McCormack
- On the Old Fall River Line - Billy Murray
- My Wonderful Dream Girl - John Barnes Wells
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?