Tuesday 16 January 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Great Expectations, directed by Robert G. Vignola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1917 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Pierre Stagnara: Loriol physician.
- Brainerd Duffield: American character actor and writer who worked at Warner Bros script department for over 25 years.
- Buddy Lester: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Nick-Phil Silvers Show).
- Gilda Galan: Puerto Rican actress, dramaticist, comedian, writer, composer, scriptwriter and poet.
- Hermann Buchner: German Nazi military, a Major in the Waffen SS.
- Sandy Block: American jazz musician, a bass player in big bands during the 1930s and 1940s. He played with Jimmy Dorsey, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, and with Charlie Parker during his only television appearance.
- Carl Karcher: founded the Carl's Jr. hamburger chain (Born 1917)
- George Dewey: American admiral (Born 1837).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Horace Wright - My Own Iona
- The Baseball Game - Weber & Fields
- I Ain't Got Nobody Much - Marion Harris
- Sometimes You Get a Good One and Sometimes You Don't - Anna Chandler
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?