Friday 16 January 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elliot Reid New York City and Alberto Crespo.
Pollyanna, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Man of the Forest by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1920 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Elliot Reid New York City: New York; actor (Gentlemen Prefer Blondes).
- Alberto Crespo: Argentinian race car driver (d. 1991).
- Elliott Reid: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- Reginald De Koven: American music critic and operetta composer (Born 1859).
- 18th Amendment, prohibition, becomes the law of the land - one year after ratification; it is repealed in 1933.
- Georgia declares independence.
- The League of Nations holds its first council meeting in Paris.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Peggy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Blues (My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me) - Ted Lewis & His Band
- I Want a Daddy Who Will Rock Me to Sleep - All-Star Trio
- Wait Till You Get Them Up in the Air, Boys - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?