Monday 16 January 1922
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Satanas, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1922!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1922 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Marcel Lucotte: Autun Journalist.
- Jean Cox: American tenor, known for Heldentenor roles including Siegfried, Tristan, Walther, Lohengrin, and Tannhäuser.
- Bernard Ullmann: French journalist and reporter.
- Ernesto Bonino: Italian singer (d. 2008).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The World is Waiting for the Sunrise - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Peerless Quartet - My Sunny Tennessee
- Arkansas Blues - Noble Sissle & Eubie Blake
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1922?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 January 1922 and get them!