Tuesday 16 January 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
While Paris Sleeps, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1923 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Roy Lanham: rocker (Sons of the Pioneers).
- Willem Aantjes: Dutch political leader (CDA).
- Martin Stokken: Norway -- Nordic relay (1952 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Anton-Günther : Duke of Oldenburg (d. 2014).
- Gene Feist: American director and playwright co-founded the Roundabout Theatre Company (d. 2014).
- Anthony Hecht: American soldier poet and academic (d. 2004)
- Keith Shackleton: English painter and television host (d. 2015)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Carolina in the Morning - Van & Schenck
- Homesick - Nora Bayes
- Suez - Clyde Doerr & His Orchestra
- Nellie Kelly I Love You - American Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?