Saturday 16 January 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John "Jack" Layden and Bruce Parsons.
The Sea Beast, directed by Millard Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1926 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- John "Jack" Layden: Local politician.
- Bruce Parsons: Australian multiple birth, twin brother of Billy Parsons, who died of pneumonia at two years, eight months.
- Billy Parsons: Australian multiple birth, twin brother of Bruce Parsons.
- O Nayyar: Indian director and composer (d. 2007).
- A ''BBC'' radio play about a worker's revolution causes a panic in London.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Revelers - Dinah
- My Yiddishe Momme - Willie Howard
- Lullaby Lane - Frank Munn
- Oh Boy! What A Girl - Eddie Cantor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?